Telehealth is on the rise! Being able to conduct mental health appointments over the phone or video call has many benefits. Here at Life Resolutions, Mary Magalotti our Principal Psychologist and our Director, Jodie Brenton, believe that counselling and other mental health services should be available to everyone despite their location. Shifting from in-person to telehealth appointments can be challenging. Our team provide high-quality care no matter the appointment type.
Here are our tips for getting the most out of each telehealth session!
Top Telehealth Tips
- Set a specific time and location.
- Setting a time to just focus on your appointment will allow you to fully engage with your psychologist. Pairing this with a safe and distraction-free space will help you get the most out of your appointment.
- Choose a format that is right for you.
- Phone and video consultations both have their pros and cons. These pros and cons will differ from person to person, and from appointment to appointment. It is important to feel comfortable with your chosen form of communication. Don’t be afraid to switch it up.
- Set-up, have everything you need.
- When ‘arriving’ for your consultation, ensure you have everything you may need. At Life Resolutions, we recommend a glass of water, a pen, and paper, plus anything you may feel will benefit you throughout the session.
- Stable device for video consultations.
- Whether it be a laptop, phone or PC, making sure the camera is not moving and ideally hands-free. This will add to your comfort throughout the session.
- Give feedback.
- By providing feedback we can tailor the counselling sessions to your needs. Mary Magalotti, Jodie Brenton, and the Life Resolutions team want to ensure that you getting the best possible care and the most out of your telehealth sessions.
No matter your location, Life Resolutions aims to provide you with a safe and positive experience with your mental health practitioner.
If you’d like to learn more about the work that we do at Life Resolutions, our telehealth services or our mental health practitioners, please browse our website. You can book a telehealth appointment either online, or over the phone.